Ethos & Aims
Statement of Intent
We intend the school to be a happy and enjoyable place, which will provide the opportunity for every child to fulfil their potential in an attractive, well resourced and stimulating environment.
We are grateful to you for entrusting to us the education of your child. At Chetwynde School we seek to bring out the best in every pupil in our care and to give them the best possible all round education.
- To build and sustain a friendly, tolerant and supportive community in which all its members are valued equally.
- To teach pupils to enjoy their education, to see it as a lifelong experience and to support them in making important career decisions.
- To pursue high personal, academic and social standards.
- To develop in our pupils personal qualities such as curiosity, concern, industry, reliability, honesty, creativity, enterprise, appreciation, confidence and respect.
- To develop an active and open relationship with parents.
- To encourage pupils to take full advantage of the opportunities on offer to them.
- To show a sense of responsibility towards the local and wider community, and to prepare pupils for the challenges and opportunities of adult life.
- To adhere to the school core values of Respect, Responsibility and Resilience.