Local Governing Body
Mr John Burgess – Chair of Local Governing Body (May 2021 - present)
Mr Stephen Jefferson – Head Teacher (Sept 2019 - present)
Mr David Shields - Governor (May 2021- present)
Mrs Chrissy Tait - Governor (May 2021- present)
Mrs Hilary Johns - Governor (Sept 2021 - present)
Mrs R. Drew-Crowe - Parent Governor (Jan 2022 - present)
Miss Ellyse Rochford - Staff Governor (Jan 2022 - present)
Mrs S. Jackson - Governor (March 2022 - Present)
All correspondence for the trustees can be sent c/o Chetwynde school. All emails should be sent to email@example.com both should be marked FAO Clerk to Governors
Structure & Meeting Attendance
Local Governing Body
Trustees provide Governance to the school and are responsible for setting the strategic direction of the school. School governance has three core functions.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing and ensuring effective financial performance.
The purpose of governance is to provide confident and strong strategic leadership which leads to robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance.
The Chetwynde Board of Governors are members of the National Governance Association and follow the guidance provided by the DfE Academies Financial Handbook (click here) and the DfE Governance Handbook (click here)
Effective governance is based on six key features:
- Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
- Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial
- People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
- Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
All Chetwynde Local Governing Board members may serve for 4 years. Should you wish to contact a Governor, please email the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Governors are accountable to the Trustees of the South Cumbria Multi Academy Trust Board.