New Reception Pupils
TRANSITION INTO RECEPTION CLASS
We are very much looking forward to meeting our new Reception children and welcoming them into the Chetwynde Family and it all starts this month!
- From the 12th May (when we get our final list of allocations following any appeals/late admissions) we will be in touch to say hi!
- Mrs Stepanian will communicate via TEAMS and details for login will be sent to your email via the office. A private parent group on Facebook will also be set up by Mrs Stepanian.
- We will organise dates and times for home visits.
-Home visits take place this month, a chance to meet Mrs Stepanian and for you and your child to talk about their transition to Reception class.
-Forms will be given out during the home visits- these can be returned to school on the first week of school.
- Mrs Stepanian may visit (if COVID regulations for them allow) the nurseries. If not, handover will occur over the phone.
- Stay and Play sessions of 45-60mins take place in small groups- allowing you and your child to meet staff and see the school and their new classroom.
-Through the parent groups, Mrs Stepanian will be checking in to answer any questions and will continue to give information as it comes.
-Logins for lunchshop will be sent to your emails
-Short staggered start, to allow children a calm transition to Reception class. This will be in two groups to allow children to get to know the adults in the classroom and each other during their first days in school.
-Lots of fun learning begins!
Once again, thank you for #choosingchetwynde and we look forward to meeting you very soon!